HEYDARIAN, Seyed Hossein
Ph.D. in Translation Studies – Cardiff University, UK (2017)
M.A in Translation Studies - Azad University (IAU), Science and Research Campus, Tehran (2006)
B.A in English Language Translation - PNU – Tehran (2002)
Summary of Teaching Experiences:
2006–2007 Payam-e Noor University, Tehran
· Translation of English Correspondence and Documents
2006–2008 Azad University (IR), Roodehen Campus
· Principles & Theories of Translation
· Translation of Literary texts
· English Morphology
2008–2009 Azad University(IR), Tehran (South Campus)
· Principles and Methods of Translation
· General English for Students in Technical and Engineering Courses
· General English for Students in Humanities
2010-2011 and 2011-2012, Cardiff University, School of Modern Languages
· Empirical Research in Translation Studies, in Translation Methods and Skills Module for MA students in Translation Studies
2012–2013 Shahid Rajaee University, Tehran
· Translation Theories and Skills
· Practical Translation Course
2018-2019 Azad University(IR), Roodehen Campus
· Readership of MA research theses in Translation Studies
2019-2020 Hunan Normal University, Foreign Studies College
· New Perspectives in Translation Studies (for PhD students in Translation Studies)
· Translation Criticism (for Master students in TS and T&I)
· Interdisciplinary Approaches in Translation Studies (for Master students in TS and T&I)
Scholarly Articles and Researches:
· ‘A Closer Look into Concept of Strategy and its Implications for Translation Training’ published inBabel62: 1 (2016), pp86–103.[International Federation of Translators (FIT)], John Benjamins Publishing Company.
· ‘Post-colonial Approach in Translation Studies’, published in[Persian] Proceedings of Two Translation Studies Conferences, edited by: Farzaneh Farahzad, Linguistics Cognitive Society of Iran, Tehran: 2004, pp101-106.
· ‘M.A. in Translation Studies: An Untold Story’, published inTranslation Studies Journal1(2), pp.75-82.
· Towards a Methodology for Improving Strategy-basedTranslation Training: Explored through an English-Persian Case Study [PhD Research]
· An innovative look into a Peculiar Translation Strategy: Translating Punctuation into Lexical Items [Co-authored, under publication]
Important Seminar Papers:
· ‘Translation Universals: Towards Crossing the Borders’ presented at Cardiff School of European Studies, CRGPT’s “Translating (at) the border” Conference (April 2010).
· ‘The Role of Universal Translation Strategies in Improving Translation Competence’ presented at Graduate Conference: New Research Translation and Interpreting Studies, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Spain (May 2011).
· ‘Behind and across the Language Barriers: What Should We Say in Translation Classrooms?’ (Research Seminar), presented at Cardiff School of European Languages, Translation and Politics Organised by LCI, Cardiff University. (May 2012).
Sample of Professional Experiences:
· 2005 –2009Founder, editor-in-chief and columnist ofDarbareye Tarjomeh(= About Translation: An Iranian Translation Studies Journal), by collaboration of academics and students of translation studies in Azad University (IAU), Science and Research Campus
· 2004 –2009Senior Experts in Translation & HR Studies in IRISL
· [Iranian leading shipping company, in which I have involved in translation and doing human resources projects]
· Persian/Farsi (Native speaker)
· Arabic (Specially Written and Grammar: High proficiency)